When you languish in a relaxing bath, do you ever stop to wonder how your bubble bath transforms from a liquid into hundreds of tiny bubbles? Or how your shampoo whips itself up into that luxurious lather? If not, then you rarely would have gone through the ingredient list of your hair or bath product. Being ignorant much?
All shampoos, bubble baths, shower gels, toothpastes, and other foaming products are full of a host of harmful ingredients (such as sulphates and other foaming agents) that goes into making them. If you take a closer look at the ingredient list, you will be convinced to switch to sulphate-free hair care products.
Some risks of using sulphate and other chemicals based hair care products:
- Your hair produces natural oils on a daily basis in small amounts to keep the scalp nourished. Using shampoos and hair cleansers that are formulated with sulphates can strip away the natural oil produced by the scalp, thereby making your scalp rough and flaky. If you have naturally dry hair, using a sulphate-based shampoo will lead to too much oil production by your scalp (in an attempt to overcome the dryness), which will ultimately make your scalp greasy and require you to use more quantity of the shampoo on your scalp.
- If you have colour-treated hair or are planning to get your hair coloured soon, then you must stay away from sulphate formulated shampoos and other hair care products as they will strip away the colour real soon, leaving your hair colour looking all faded and lacking lustre. In order to keep yourcolourtreated hair vibrant and healthy, use a mild, sulphate-free shampoo and conditioner that will help lock in moisture and keep your mane soft and lustrous.
- If you have a sensitive scalp, using shampoos containing sulphate might irritate your hairline and scalp, making it itchy, flaky and prone to redness. Switch to a sulphate-free formula today to reduce the irritation of your sensitive scalp and give it the special care that it needs.
- Apart from causing dry hair and irritation to scalp, sulphate based shampoos are probably a leading cause of frizzy hair. When there’s a lack of natural oil in the hair, each hair strand separates and bends away from the strand next to it. Thisis what results in untamed frizzy hair. A sulphate-free shampoo will prevent this problem and help your hair to retain its natural oils and shine, leaving it looking lush and healthy.
- If you have brittle hair that is prone to breaking, a sulphate based shampoo can worsen your hair condition and result in a substantially more hair breakage, thereby reducing the volume of your hair.
One of the leading suppliers of hair and beauty products in London is the ultimate destination for sulphate-free shampoos, conditioners, natural hair oils, skin oils, scalp oils, and other hair products from Design Essentials STS Express and other leading brands.